Re: Steel Framing for Elevator Shaft

Christopher Wright,
Jim Getaz,

        Thank you, gentlemen, for your replies to my inquiry.

        We have, in fact, had the elevator guy (Otis, in fact) in already.
Twice.  They haven't voiced any objections; but, as you say, Jim, it could
still turn out to be different than we thought.  The installation drawing
clearly indicates no vertical forces transmitted from the car rails except at
the pit floor; never-the-less, in order to meet the 1/32" horizontal deflection
we will have a section sufficient to carry the vertical load if it were
transferred.

Regards,

H. Daryl Richardson