FW: IBC 2000

From: 	Jim Kestner [mailto:jkestner(--nospam--at)somervilleinc.com]
Sent:	Wednesday, October 02, 2002 9:47 AM
To:	'SEAINT'
Subject:	IBC 2000

Section 1605.3.1.1 Load reduction allows a reduction of the combined effect
of two or more transient loads. ASCE 7-98 omits the word "transient".

Does "transient" mean short term load such as Wind and Earthquake only or
does is it meant to include various forms of Live Load also?

I cannot find any definition of "transient" in the code.

Jim K.