From: Samir Ghosn [mailto:sghosn(--nospam--at)harris-assoc.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 02, 2002 5:36 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: perforated gypsum shearwall

I have yet to see any body follow the nailing schedule on gypsum shear
wall.  Generally, the drywall sub-contractor would put the drywall and if
you think the guy is reading structural plans, dream on.  During my
forensic tenure, I hardly ever encounterd any gypboard shear wall to have
the proper nailing or even the proper nail size and spacing.
Samir Ghosn,PE
Harris & Associates