Protective Coatings on Precast Concrete

I looking at a  multi story office building that has exposed aggregate precast
concrete  load bearing wall panels. You know, that Soviet concrete look that was
the rage in the late 60s- early 70s. Over 90 % of the wall panels have cracks,
multiple cracks. We took some core samples to the lab for analysis. The concrete
is not air entrained, and the microcracking is attributed to water absorption/
freeze -thaw cycling.

In order to solve the problem long term, I'm looking at coatings/sealers. Your
typical Silane/Siloxane sealers I'm finding out are only good for 3-5 years,
which on this building would be considered a high maintenance issue, and it
really won't bridge cracks very well. Then there are your elasticmeric coatings
which as I understand can let the building breath but are only good for about 10
years. Considering all the prep work and cost required, even ten years is not
enough.

Has anybody had any good, bad, or ugly experiences with elasticmeric coatings or
sealers?
Any comments on this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Nick