Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Helical Stairs[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "seaintpost" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Helical Stairs
- From: "William Grizzell, P.E." <wtgrizzell(--nospam--at)msn.com>
- Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 08:07:40 -0700
Thanks for your replies to my helical stair question. The stairs are in an atrium type area open to the second floor ceiling with a 22 ft. plate height. So there is no way to install a column at the center radius point to cantilever the stairs from; without it looking like a firehouse pole. The stairs have a 4 ft. and 7 ft. inside and outside radius respectively. I was told that this doesn't meet the UBC provisions for alternative stairs - I'll tell the architect. Anyway, I saw a program last night on the construction of cruise ships and they had a similar type stairs that they fabricated from steel plate welded into a helical box girder.
William Grizzell, P.E.
San Ramon, CA
Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com
- Prev by Subject: Re: Have you heard of watering your foundation?
- Next by Subject: Re: Helical Stairs
- Previous by thread: Re: Protective Coatings on Precast Concrete
- Next by thread: Re: Helical Stairs