Need Help for the Seismically Impaired

Here is a question from a seismically impaired engineer.....

Since I rarely have to deal with seismic, but now are required to do so
because of the IBC 2000, I have a few simple questions for you California
types......  Please bear with me.

When dealing with a building with a full basement below grade, does the
design "base" shear occur at the first floor level? When calculating the
design "base" shear does it need to include the first floor?

Does the design "base" shear include the basement walls? What about lateral
soil pressure on the basement walls?

When dealing with lateral seismic forces generated by the weight of masonry
partitions, it seems logical to assume forces parallel to those walls would
all be transfer to the floor. For forces at right angles to the masonry
partition walls, it seems logical that 1/2 goes to the level above and 1/2
to the floor (assuming the wall spans vertically). Where the wall spans
horizontally between cross walls, it all should go to the floor.

Jim Kestner
Green Bay, WI