Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Protective Coatings on Precast Concrete[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: Protective Coatings on Precast Concrete
- From: GSKWY(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 19:25:41 EDT
Although there may be some exceptions, elastomeric products tend not to work well on vertical surfaces of existing buildings - they tend to peel and don't always adhere well.
It is also difficult to find someone who can do a good job on the application.
A cementitious coating will have a higher first time cost then either a penetrating sealer or an elastomeric but will last longer.
Gail Kelley, P.E.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Protective Coatings on Precast Concrete
- Next by Subject: PTI Design Method for Slabs on Ground
- Previous by thread: RE: Protective Coatings on Precast Concrete
- Next by thread: Helical Stairs