Re: drywall, seismic

Hello,

You folks concerned about the values of gypsum shearwalls may be interested
in the product publicized by this website:

www.SureBoard.com

It is a steel shear panel with integral gypsum board facing, as far as I can
tell. I can't vouch for it myself (don't know what it costs either), but the
company claims it has higher values than plywood for shearwall construction
and matches up with regular gypsum board dimensions to allow easy
installation and finish alongside ordinary board. Noncombustible as well
apparently.

--
Ted Cushman
Senior Editor, Journal of Light Construction