From: John Nader
Sent: Domingo, 06 de Octubre de 2002 01:40 p.m.
Subject: 3 columns, 1 footing

 I have a situation where three columns fall at 2 expansion joints that share one footing.  Will this approch be correct to analays the footing.  The 3 columns look like an L.  The columns do not have equal loads. They are about 2' apart from each other.

1.  Find the center of gravity between the columns.

2.  Take the load from each column get the moment, P X the distance to the center   of  gravity.

3.  Add the moments and the Loads, and find e.

4.  Calulate the footing with total P, total M and e.

Thanks in advance for your input.

John