Re: Building Codes Online?

I have not heard a thing about this appellate decision, or of the content of the
Veeck web site.
However, I can think of several issues to support such a legal analysis:
1) Why would you bother to protect a copyright or 'intellectual' product that is
obsolete in three years?,
2) How can anyone profit (financially and to ICBO's/SBCCI's/BOCA's detriment) by
using and liberally publishing code provisions?,
3) To what extent can the broad and liberal dissemination of public and life
safety information harm these publishers? (it could only enhance the public
interest I would think),
4) Could anyone near the profit these publishers extract from the three year code
cycle! For crying out loud, this 3 year cycle gives them new work-product to
market so quickly - only a fool would attempt to plagiarize it for commercial
purposes!

Steven A.
Los Angeles