Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
old wind speeds vs. new vs. weather station's[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "Seaint" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: old wind speeds vs. new vs. weather station's
- From: "Ken Peoples" <kspeoples(--nospam--at)lvta.net>
- Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 10:58:00 -0400
I understand that the current wind speeds are the 3-second gust speeds and that is why our area here in PA has changed from 70 mph to 90 mph. What I am curious about is how either of these speeds relate to the speeds reported by the weather folks when they are talking about 90 mph winds. Would this weatherperson's 90 mph be compared to our old 70 mph or our new 90 mph or neither? Just curious.
Kenneth S. Peoples, P. E.
Lehigh Valley Technical Associates
1584 Weaversville Road
Northampton, PA 18067-9039
Phone: (610) 262-6345
Fax: (610) 262-8188
- Prev by Subject: Re: Off Topic - Hard Drive Cleanup Software
- Next by Subject: RE: old wind speeds vs. new vs. weather station's
- Previous by thread: RE: Structural Stainless Steel
- Next by thread: RE: old wind speeds vs. new vs. weather station's