RE: Structural Stainless Steel

The US Standard is the "Specification for the Design of Cold Formed
Stainless Steel Structural Members", ASCE 8-90. However, ASCE had
discontinued publication of this document in anticipation of publication of
a new version, ASCE 8-00. Please note the following information provided by
ASCE on 8/29/02 regarding this publication:

"ASCE 8-90 is indeed being superceded by a newer edition, ASCE 8-00.
Unfortunately because of the age of the document an electronic version of
the text and figures did not exist hence the printing of ASCE 8-00 has been
delayed. The document (ASCE 8-00) is currently in its final stages of
production and I expect that it will be printed and available by the end of
the year....another printing of ASCE 8-90 will be made of a sufficient
quantity to fulfill orders until such time as ASCE 8-00 becomes referenced
in the model building codes. I expect this printing will take a week or so."

I suggest contacting ASCE Publications to see if ASCE 8-90 or ASCE 8-00 are
currently available.

William C. Sherman, PE
CDM, Denver, CO
Phone: 303-298-1311