From: Carter, Charlie [mailto:carter(--nospam--at)aisc.org]
Sent: Monday, October 07, 2002 6:43 AM
To: 'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'
Subject: RE: Building Codes Online?

>The removal of these provisions created
>revenue for the industry organizations
>such as ACI, AISC, MIA and other groups.
>It increased the cost of practicing engineering
>for many of us - and with the growth of
>independent and small firms caused by
>lay-off's, cut backs and much more
>- caused a hardship to many.

This is not true for AISC. We give you free electronic access to the
bulk of our technical information. Visit the Steel Solutions Center at
www.aisc.org, especially the technical answers FAQ and list of free
stuff like specifications and codes here:

    http://www.aisc.org/Template.cfm?Section=Free_Downloads

Bill Polhemus is exactly correct. There is a bill to be paid for these.
But we only charge what we need to for other related value-added
products to break even overall.

Charlie