Re: Building Codes Online?

What I do not understand is why AISC persists in claiming that they have a
copyright on the dimensions of the steel sections and thus want to be paid
for their use by software developers, and on the other hand makes availible
the codes for free?  The claim of a copyright on the steel section
properties is legaly dubious at best while it is clear that AISC has a
solid copyright on the codes.  This does not make  sense.

Mark Gilligan

What Charlie doesn't mention is that we not only get numerous AISC
documents for free on-line but we also get his knowledge of where to look
in these items, too.  He has saved me hours of time with his pointing out
where to find various items.  Thanks, Charlie.
Regards,
Bill Cain, SE
Albany CA