From: richard lewis [mailto:rlewistx(--nospam--at)juno.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 08, 2002 12:08 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Wood Truss on Metal Studs

I am working on a building that has metal stud bearing walls and wood
truss rafters.  I am looking for recommendations for attaching the wood
truss to the steel studs.  My thought is to have a double wood top plate,
like a wood stud wall, so that I don't have to align the studs with the
trusses.  Then to attach the truss to the double top plate with hold down
anchors and connect the double top plate to the metal studs with strap
ties.

Is this how it is typically done?  Also, how is a wood top plate
typically attached to the metal track of the stud wall?  Is it just
screwed from underneath?

Thanks.

Rich

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!