Re: Wood Truss on Metal Studs

Richard

My preference is to eliminate the wood plates and align the trusses and
studs.  Use something like Simpson S/H2 to anchor the truss to the
stud.  The advantage is removing the shrinkage in the wood plates from
the system.

If aligning the trusses and studs is not reasonable, check the top track
for bending in weak axis and maybe use a track with longer legs.  I have
also used your suggested method with screws up through the track into
the wood.  The contractor complained a lot but did it.

--
Forrest T. Braun, P.E.