Re: Fenestra Roof Deck

Michael,

A 1962 catalog that I have shows the following information on Finestra deck.
This is a double hat section, 24" wide with the flat plate on the bottom:

Nom. depth     4.5"
Flat Plate     18 ga
Formed Sec     18 ga
Weight/sf      5.4 #
Act. depth     4.60"
For f = 20,000 psi
   I = 5.26 in^4
   Coef. of deflection L/360 = 231,440
   Coef. of strength = 21,600
For f = 18,000 psi
   I = 5.37 in^4
   Coef. of deflection L/360 = 236,280
   Coef. of strength = 19,440
S = 1.62in^3
Web strength values 1 per 3" bearing = 2120  (I'm not quite sure what this
   means!)

There is information on diaphragm design and welding requirements.  In-plane
shear capacity is dependent on a lot of things included in their table.

If this matches the building you're looking at, I can fax this information to
you if you would like - 7 pages.

HTH

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

Michael W. Salmon wrote:

. > I need in-plane shear capacity for an older roof deck.  The deck is called
. > out as "Fenestra Deck 4-1/2 D 18-18" with Flat Plate on Bottom?  Does
. > anyone have any information on this type of deck?

. > Thanks in advance
. > Michael W. Salmon, P.E.