RE: Standard of Care: Investigation of Existing Building Structure for Alteration or Addition

Bill,

I cannot help you too much with "standard of care" except to add this...

On a recent previous posts you have mentioned about ANALYSIS of a existing
post-tensioned slab for bus loadings, I think. If this previous subject (P-T
floor analysis) is also related to this current subject (existing building
structure/alterations) it may be prudent to consider field examination and
some invasive testing of any unbonded P-T that may have suffered from
corrosion - often with little external visual evidence.

Although, you have stated that the existing building structure is 50 years
old, so that may (will!) prelude P-T.

Just a thought.

HTH

Mark Geoghegan