From: M. David Finley, P.E. [mailto:pec(--nospam--at)isgroup.net]
Sent: Tuesday, October 08, 2002 3:10 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Wind Loads - UBC 97 vs ASCE 7

My goal, really, is to see if I can reasonably conclude that the wind forces computed using UCB '97 for a 110 mph wind are GENERALLY comparable or (preferably) less than when using ASCE-7 '98.  This is for the MWFRS of a non-building structure.  The issue of localized forces on components and cladding will not be an issue.

M. David Finley, P.E.
3810 South First Street - Suite 7
Lake City, FL  32025
386-752-6400