RE: Building Codes Online?

Tom,
You have a way of confusing me at times. I think we are both in
agreement on these issues, but I am not quite sure.
APA, even more than AISC, has made publication available to the
professional community for a nominal fee or free for download. If
anything, you are an example of what I am suggesting from other
organizations and code writers. While APA does not write the wood code,
you contribute important technical documents, but your (APA) fees are
not inflated. It is observable that APA is only charging for printing or
mailing and has taken efforts to allow free downloads. TO AN EXTENT!!!!

Research Report 158 - Shear walls under Cyclic (Reversed) Loading $3.00
Research Report 157 - Shear Walls with gypsum Wallboard $3.00

Okay, I'm nit-picking. These documents are certainly worth the price
plus shipping, but my question is that as important as these documents
are to the structural engineering community why are they not PDF files
like the majority of the documents listed - Especially the Cyclic
in California? Surely, the $3.00 each can't cover both the publication
and the cost of development. Now, I've gotten these free by asking, but
why aren't they on APA's list for download?

If I give up nit-picking, I have to admit that APA is the one source
that has more free and important documents for wood design than almost
any other organization and I commend them most honorably.

Dennis