RE: Building Codes Online?

And I will point out that APA is also a trade organization.  Thus, one of
their primary goals is to get you to use wood instead of concrete, steel
or masonry.  As a result, they more than likely get money from sources to
help further this goal which is then used to subsidize their costs in
producing the information that they sell to you at modest fees.  Now, I am
not speaking from actual knoweldge other than based upon what a trade
organization is.

Some organizations are not in such a position to have such potential
sources of revenue.  This includes ASCE, ACI, TMS, and others.  In the
case of ACI, you could make the arguement that PCA (which is the concrete
trade organization) could subsidize the ACI 318 code development process
which could allow for the ACI 318 to be sold for less, but they don't for
what ever reason.

HTH,

Scott
Ypsilanti, MI