W14x22 Moment of Inertia

This is one of the ways organizations use to detect copyright infringement
--- make small insignificant errors and see if the same "errors" crop up in
someone else's work.

Neither is "wrong."  Both will give you the same answer to 3 significant
digits (slide rule accuracy) and sections rolled by any particular mill may
have one or the other values or another value altogether.  (Now, if it was
off by a factor of 10, it would be a little more of a concern.)

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

Keith Fix wrote:

. > LRFD 3rd Ed. lists I=199 in4 for W14x22 in the properties section,
. > however; in the beam selection tables, I=197 in4 for W14x22. Which is the
. > correct value?

. > Refer to pages 1-21, 5-41, & 5-48.