Re: W14x22 Moment of Inertia

>While that's very funny, one value or the other should be correct, and the
>error does not improve my confidence in the manual.
With a 3% error they're probably both correct, depending on how the
rolling machinery was wearing and the tooling set up on a particular day.
By the time you get the fabrication tolerances built in, there's quite a
range of possible section properties. You can prove this by doing the
calculation for yourself with a spread-sheet. Shouldn't take any more
engineering labor than this thread...

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw