RE: Plan Check question

Further more, the code requires you to place certain items on the contract
documents/plans.  In the case of soils information, that would be soil
classification and design-bearing capacity.  Take a look at section 1804.3
in the 1997 UBC and 1802.6 in the 2000 IBC...these sections both talk
about reports that may be required by the building official, but also
specifically state that the previously mentioned two items are required to
be shown on the plans/contract documents.

FYI, the other load information required to be shown is located in section
1603 of the 2000 IBC...the 1997 UBC does not seem to have a parallel
section, so it seems that the 2000 IBC inherited this from its BOCA roots
since this type of requirement has been in BOCA codes for years.

HTH,

Scott
Ypsilanti, MI