From: LaCount, Curt [mailto:Curt.LaCount(--nospam--at)jacobs.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 10, 2002 1:33 PM
To: Seaint (E-mail)
Subject: FW: Structural Bolt Torquing Question

Eric,

The answer is that nobody specifies torque.  The engineer should however
specify the tension by referencing the "Specification for Structural
Joints Using ASTM A325 or A490 Bolts".  This is commonly done from the
structural notes or in the specifications.  The installation is also
subject to special inspection.

Curt La Count
Jacobs Engineering
Portland, OR