Re: 4 Story Wood

Jake Watson,
        My business is focused on putting together design build teams
using cold formed steel framing for light commercial and multifamily
residential projects.  I am also an active member of the Steel Framing
Alliance here in California.  Depending on the location of your project,
labor rates etc. there are a number of factors that will affect the cost
of the load bearing walls. (Floor spans, Joist spacing, floor to floor
height, acoustical and fire rating requirements.)  For projects where the
walls can be panelized either on  or off - site the cost per square foot
of load bearing wall will range form $2.50 to $5.00 /sf of wall.
        I would welcome your call to discuss some of the framing systems
that I use when bidding this type of project.
Thanks,
Jim L. Chatterley PE
Composite Framing Systems
805 520 3666