RE: ADA (was Re: Building Codes on-line)

Scott, it has nothing to do with whether or not we ought to make buildings
and facilities "wheelchair-accessible." It has everything to do with bloated
bureaucracy and a steadily-increasing role of government in every aspect of
the life of the individual citizen.

In short, it is about "doing what is right" becoming MANDATORY under threat
of fine or imprisonment--and "right" being defined in narrow terms by people
whose real aim in life is to have just such intrusive power over others.