ASD load combinations in UBC '97, vol. II

I have two questions(UBC 1997, Vol. 2) here.
Thanks in advance.

1  a. Refer to UBC '97, section 2213.5(Allowable stress
design(ASD)), pg. 2-255(column requirements)
The load combinations have 'omega' to check column compression &
tension.  AISC, '97 'seismic provisions for structural buildings',
pg. 135(section c4.1) says that for all Allowable stress design,
E(from UBC) should be divided by 1.4.
So, in the above UBC section 2213.5, I think, from section
1630.2,(to calculate Pe) should be divided by 1.4(since that section
in in ASD).  In fact, in LRFD(section 2211.6.4), for the same check
on columns, we do not need to divide E by 1.4(from AISC on '
seismic...).

b. Similarly, for bracing connection design
and moment connection(UBC section 2213.8.3.1 & 2213.6 under "ASD"-
pg. 2-258 & 2-256), in the combinations with 'omega' times the
'design seismic force', the E (from section 1630.2 procedure) should
be divided by 1.4 or not?.  Pl. verify.

2.  In UBC section 2213.8.3.1(pg. 2-258), the forces for bracing
connection has 'The maximum force that can be tranferred to the
brace by the system'(3 rd item).  Does it mean, the load
combinations to use to find the force is from section 1612.3(pg.
2-4) ONLY?  or any other load combinations required?    If the load
combinations are only from section 1630.2, then forces from items 1
& 2 in section 2213.8.3.1 may not GOVERN at all.?

I appreciate your time & response very much.

Thanks

Ravi
Telephone:832-351-6856

NOTICE - This communication may contain confidential and privileged information that is for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any viewing, copying or distribution of, or reliance on this message by unintended recipients is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.