From: VerneK(--nospam--at)aol.com [mailto:VerneK(--nospam--at)aol.com]
Sent: Friday, October 11, 2002 6:17 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Structural Observation

This has happened to me on numerous occasions.  In residencial projects,
structural site observations is generally not required by the UBC unless it falls under the requirements of Chapter 16 (Na>1, etc... can't remember the exact section).  It
has however been a requirement by some citiy's building official that a site
observation be made (i.e.  City of Dublin, CA) regardless if it is required by the
UBC or not...  That doesn't bother me too much, however... they have always
come back with a questionaire that asks...what structural items do you need
to look at?  It seems to me that if they are the one requiring the structural observations,  shouldn't they be the ones telling us what to look at?

Verne