HSS Blind Bolting

Bill,

Have you considered threading the hole?

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

Bill King wrote:

. > We are looking at a connection for a double 2x4 top plate on top of an
. > HSS 8x4x5/16 does anyone have any experience/ideas for a Blind Bolted
. > connection in this situation?  It is for an open patio area with trusses
. > over top.  It seems that Hollo-Bolts are just for steel to steel
. > connection (large clamping forces needed to create the connection) so any
. > info would be helpful.

. > -Bill King