Re: PE or SE in WA?

Why don't you call and ask the city? Don't mention the specific plan checker you are working with or your project, just ask to talk to someone who does structures at the DCLU. They aren't always the most helpful people, but if you follow their procedures they will give you what you need. Seattle does require an SE for a number of things that other WA cities do not, like any P.T. design, so it wouldn't surprise me if they want it for this, but who not call and confirm it? They have a web site, a fairly nice one, that you can get their number off of.

From: "Reza Dashti Asl" <rezadashti(--nospam--at)hotmail.com>
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: PE or SE in WA?
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 11:10:42 -0700

Hi,
Is it mandatory in Seattle to be a registered SE in order to design anything structural? We have been told that we need to provide drawings stamped by a registered SE (PE not acceptable) even for the shop drawings of exterior wall panels in a 5-story hotel building. Is that really required by law?

Thanks for your help
Reza