From: George Richards P.E. [mailto:george(--nospam--at)borm.com]
Sent: Friday, October 11, 2002 11:32 AM
To: 'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'
Subject: RE: Structural Observation

Verne,

Make the call yourself and put in on the plans that way.  The city is only saying "We believe it prudent for the EOR to walk the project."  At that point your professional judgment comes into play.   We consider three visits appropriate for a house.  Prepour, framing prior to roof being papered, and a final peek just before insulation.  By the way we offer Site Observation to our clients for ALL projects and price it for them BEFORE we do the work.  That way there is no argument latter.  Also not offering Site Observation is like going to the doctors for an operation and and the doctor not wanting you to come back two weeks later for a follow-up exam.  Bad profession practice.

George Richards, P. E.