RE: HSS Blind Bolting

Use power anchors, i.e. nail into the steel.

eric green

-----Original Message-----
From: AnconAssoc(--nospam--at)aol.com [mailto:AnconAssoc(--nospam--at)aol.com]
Sent: Friday, October 11, 2002 11:44 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: HSS Blind Bolting

We are looking at a connection for a double 2x4 top plate on top of an
HSS
8x4x5/16 does anyone have any experience/ideas for a Blind Bolted
connection
in this situation?  It is for an open patio area with trusses over top.
It
seems that Hollo-Bolts are just for steel to steel connection (large
clamping
forces needed to create the connection) so any info would be helpful.

-Bill King