Re: PE or SE in WA?

Per current Seattle Building Code (1997), Section 106.5.2.2 Exception 4, "The building official may accept the design of a licensed professional engineer for assembly line products or designed specialty structural products."

Exterior wall panels would seem to fall within this exception, but you may need to get the Building Official's blessing.  Try www.cityofseattle.net/dclu/

Jason Emoto, PE, SE (WA)

>>> "Reza Dashti Asl" <rezadashti(--nospam--at)hotmail.com> 10/11/02 11:10AM >>>

Hi,
Is it mandatory in Seattle to be a registered SE in order to design anything
structural? We have been told that we need to provide drawings stamped by a
registered SE (PE not acceptable) even for the shop drawings of exterior
wall panels in a 5-story hotel building. Is that really required by law?

Thanks for your help
Reza