Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Re: PE or SE in WA?

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
Per current Seattle Building Code (1997), Section Exception 4, "The building official may accept the design of a licensed professional engineer for assembly line products or designed specialty structural products." 

Exterior wall panels would seem to fall within this exception, but you may need to get the Building Official's blessing.  Try

Jason Emoto, PE, SE (WA)

>>> "Reza Dashti Asl" <rezadashti(--nospam--at)> 10/11/02 11:10AM >>>

Is it mandatory in Seattle to be a registered SE in order to design anything 
structural? We have been told that we need to provide drawings stamped by a 
registered SE (PE not acceptable) even for the shop drawings of exterior 
wall panels in a 5-story hotel building. Is that really required by law?

Thanks for your help

******* ****** ******* ******** ******* ******* ******* ***
*   Read list FAQ at:
*   This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
*   Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
*   subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
*   Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at) Remember, any email you
*   send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
*   without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
*   site at:
******* ****** ****** ****** ******* ****** ****** ********