From: Bill Polhemus [mailto:bill(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc]
Sent: Friday, October 11, 2002 3:49 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: ADA (was something about building codes)

Sorry, but there is more than one view on this. The FACT is that while
there
might be some "aid" given to the disabled via ADA, it is MORE than
offset by
the onerous burden placed on businesses--and we're not talking about
just
the "big business" that you types love to bash, but SMALL businesses
primarily--through outrageous, contradictory and arbitrary regulations.

This notion that you have to "stick it" to those who "have" so that
those
who "have not" can get a "fair shake" has led to outright tyranny.

And pardon me for saying so, but you fired the first salvo. Your
statements
are nothing short of ignorant themselves.