Re: FW:

UBC Chapter 22, Division V  are not ASD design provisions.  They are
strength design provisions.  Neither E nor P-sub-E should be divided by
1.4.

Rick Drake, SE
Fluor Daniel, Aliso Viejo, CA

*********

                    "Vasu, Ravi"
                    <Ravi.Vasu@jaco      To:     "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
                    bs.com>
                    10/14/02 07:49       cc:
                    AM
                    Please respond       Subject:     FW:
                    to seaint

> I found out the following discussion/recommendation by seismology
> committee of SEOAC.
> It says that in ASD design, that in load combination that has omega, the
> design
> seismic force has to be divided by 1.4.
>
> http://www.seaoc.org/Pages/committees/seismology.html
>
> Any comments?
>

> I am still waiting for comments on question # 2, below.
>

> Ravi

information that is for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any
viewing, copying or distribution of, or reliance on this message by
unintended recipients is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message
and deleting it from your computer.

the views of the company.