RE: Plan Check question

I see nothing wrong with noting some recommendations of the soil's engineer
on the structural drawings and even would recommend showing soil's design
parameters as standard practice - preferably with a reference to the soil's
investigation report they are based on. I would not copy the entire text of
the soil's recommendations but would summarize the information.

If you have a sealed copy of the soil's report in your project files, you
should have sufficient backup to provide the basis for the information shown
on the drawings, with respect to responsibility and liability.

William C. Sherman, PE
CDM, Denver, CO
Phone: 303-298-1311
Fax: 303-293-8236