Tensile capacity of threaded rods

Does it state anywhere in the AISC ?Manual of Steel
Construction ASD? (Ninth Edition) that one should use
the Tensile Stress Area when determining the allowable
tensile capacity of a threaded rod or at the threads of
a machine bolt?  If so, why do they show a table
entitled ?Threaded Fasteners Tension of Gross Area?
(AISC pg.4-3, Table I-B)  in lieu of providing the
allowable tensile capacity based on the Tensile Stress
Area?

Does it state anywhere in the AISC ?Manual of Steel
Construction LRFD? (Third Edition) that one should use
the Tensile Stress Area when determining the allowable
tensile capacity of a threaded rod or at the threads of
a machine bolt?  They provide Table 7-14
entitled ?Design Tensile Strength of Bolts? based on the
nominal bolt diameter (not the threaded portion.