Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
end plate tension splice design example[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "Seaint" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: end plate tension splice design example
- From: "Ken Peoples" <kspeoples(--nospam--at)lvta.net>
- Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 18:54:24 -0400
I have a client who would like me to design an end plate connection for a WT tension member. The plates would be welded to the WT's and field bolted together. I'm sure that prying will be an issue. I don't think this is an ideal situation, but am trying to satisfy his needs. I would like to know if there are any published design examples out this type of a connection (or something reasonably similar). I haven't found this particular condition in any of the AISC publications that I have and am struggling with putting various references together into one design. I just wanted to make sure that I was not re-inventing the wheel and doing work that someone else has already done and published.
Thanks in advance,
Kenneth S. Peoples, P. E.
Lehigh Valley Technical Associates
1584 Weaversville Road
Northampton, PA 18067-9039
Phone: (610) 262-6345
Fax: (610) 262-8188
- Prev by Subject: RE: Email address of F.H.CHEN/Expansive Soil Expert
- Next by Subject: RE: end plate tension splice design example
- Previous by thread: [Fwd: Filling a pile with reinforced concrete]
- Next by thread: RE: end plate tension splice design example