end plate tension splice design example

I have a client who would like me to design an end plate connection for a WT tension member.  The plates would be welded to the WT's and field bolted together.  I'm sure that prying will be an issue.  I don't think this is an ideal situation, but am trying to satisfy his needs.  I would like to know if there are any published design examples out this type of a connection (or something reasonably similar).  I haven't found this particular condition in any of the AISC publications that I have and am struggling with putting various references together into one design.  I just wanted to make sure that I was not re-inventing the wheel and doing work that someone else has already done and published.

Thanks in advance,

Ken

Kenneth S. Peoples, P. E.
Lehigh Valley Technical Associates