Re: A490 bolts

My former employer tried to minimize confusion by specifying all A325
bolts to be one diameter (typically 7/8") and all A490 bolts to be a
different diameter (typically 1").

> As a general comment, I would say you should be careful when specifying
> A490 bolts to make sure that the sizes you are specifying are readily
> available especial in remote areas and countries.  There is also a concern
> that if you are using both A325 and A490 bolts and your construction team
> is suspect then there is a possibility that they could be mis-installed.
>
> Thomas Hunt, S.E.
> ABS Consulting

Edwin R. Schmeckpeper, P.E., Ph.D.
Department of Civil Engineering                   Phone  : (208) 885-6702
University of Idaho                               FAX    : (208) 885-6608
Moscow, Idaho 83844-1022                          E-Mail : eds(--nospam--at)uidaho.edu