Re: AISC "A Series " Connections

> I am doing work in a Plant built in 1958. The drawings call up connections
> to be AISC Series A. Does anyone know where to find these ie: which AISC
> manual and which edition?

That goes back to the 1957 Fifth Edition AISC Steel
Construction Manual page 252. I believe it was the last to
use this designation.

The series A used 7/8 dia rivets and 15/16 dia holes in
clip angle beam connections. The angles are riveted to
the beam web.

They are designated A10, A9, etc according to the number
of rows. The AISC tables gave the allowable loads.

-eldon