RE: ADA (was Re: Building Codes on-line)

Bill,
I didn't start this thread and I was not the one to make the political
comments. I too am considering giving it up. There is no right or wrong
to these discussions. I know about your fine record in Vietnam, but I
also know about the principles that I stood up for. I became a reservist
and served my time here in the states. I did not run when I had the
chance, but I did not enlist to go to Vietnam because I did not believe
in putting our lives on the line for the wrong reason. This was one war
that was far more controversial than the first or second world war which
I would have enlisted with full respect for our rights. Vietnam was
different and I don't believe that there is an answer which is correct
one way or the other.
The only thing I can say is that regardless of our belief, I and others
who feel the same as I have a deep respect for your conviction and your
willingness to put your life on the line to protect the principles you
believed in. It is only that we see those principles from a different
perspective and both fought for what we believed in.
The United States is founded on the ability to have these differences
and discuss them openly. Let's not fight over that - no one can win. But
when someone makes a blanket statement at least back it up with some
factual information - don't hit and run.

Respectfully,
Dennis