Central Bearing Horizontal Rotating Method

Hi,

I'm interested in an arch bridge construction method, which is called Central Bearing Horizontal Rotating Method. One of the spectacular arch bridges named "Beipanjiang River Bridge" which was constructed in Jan. 2001 in China has the world record with a main span 236m. and the heaviest bridge ever constructed using the central bearing horizontal rotating method.

The central bearing in this system is located between upper and lower blocks I would really appreciate if anyone knows the details of that method, especially the fixed and rotating parts. There is teflon flakes between 2 concave steel spherical sectors which reduce the friction. Also I read in an article that in that method usually a water tank is installed on the back of the counter-weighting pier for the final accurate adjustment to the center of gravity and to prevent the rotating system from overturning forward.

Thanks for any comment, idea, or detailed explanation about this method. Does anyone know any other arch bridge(s) designed and constructed in the similar method?

Ozgur