Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Unbonded Seismic Bracing[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "SEAINT" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Unbonded Seismic Bracing
- From: "vicpeng" <vicpeng(--nospam--at)telus.net>
- Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 09:15:01 -0700
I am reading articles about "unbonded seismic bracing" developed by a Japanese researcher, followed up by a New Zealand engineer, and subsequently used for an upgrade to the Psychology & Geography block at the University of Christchurch. I understand that it has recently been accepted in the US as an acceptable bracing system. It is essentially a "friction" type bracing (?). I haven't finished my review of the detail, but it may be a rival to current friction dampers.
Does anyone have on-site experience with this type of bracing?
Thor A Tandy P.Eng, MIPENZ
- Prev by Subject: RE: Unbonded braces
- Next by Subject: Re: Unbonded Seismic Bracing
- Previous by thread: RE: software
- Next by thread: Re: Unbonded Seismic Bracing