RE: ADA (was Re: Building Codes on-line)

Chuck,
Not fair - first your quote came from "Dirty Harry" - one of my favorite
movies. I was watching a special on the Dirty Harry series (and I even
bought the DVD's). It was a great quote - and I busted a gut each time I
heard it.

I don't think there is a need to bait people like me who are as
passionate as Bill into a discussion. However, I don't believe anyone
needs to be removed simply because they have a strong opinion. If
anything has fired up this list lately, it was my own dissatisfaction
with our professional representatives in California on the issues
related to residential construction. This too is fought with great
differences of opinion. Still, don't we have the right to present our
side of an issue even if it means naming those who were in responsible
positions at the time the code drafts were completed.

I don't think the line needs to be drawn because Bill P. disagrees with
ADA and links it to government waste. I simply won't agree with that or
his comments about Johnson's Civil Rights programs. However, what fuels
peoples distaste is firing up these discussion - and I think it should
be the same as any other post you don't want to read - trash it.

What Bill P. or myself have to offer this list far outweighs the few
skirmishes that occur over political issues.

Dennis