Sent: Saturday, October 12, 2002 7:56 PM
Subject: Re: Structural Design submission and checking

Stathis,

Most of the agencies I've dealt with include in their requests for proposal the information and documents that must accompany design submittals, often including format.

If that is not the case, as for you project, I would include in my fee time to develop a complete set of design criteria and a complete listing of submittal documentation that you would propose to the client.  Meetings or other means of coordination with the client might then be needed to reach agreement on the submittal package.  Time for the required coordination meetings could be included in your project fees.  This kind of procedure will help to avoid later complications because of differing expectations.

Nels Roselund
Structural Engineer
South San Gabriel, CA
njineer(--nospam--at)att.net