RE: IBC "Oops" (Was Residential Design Discussion)

Dennis said -- "be prepared to defend your design if
it does not meet my interpretation. That's what
defective codes are for and be sure to pat the backs
of those you praise as you resubmit multiple times
until you get it right - to my interpretation of the
code."

You are exactly right on this point.
Randy