Re: Seismic loads on retaining walls

Try contacting Hugh Brooks at Retain Pro.  Go to the website and e-mail him.  He is very helpful when it comes to RetainPro or enercalc queries...

HTH.

David Topete, PE

 Will H <haynewp(--nospam--at)hotmail.com> wrote:

I have a restrained (at top and base) retaining wall about 14' high. I
noticed that Retain Pro uses the Monokobe-Okabe equations for cantilever
walls but this is not an option for restrained walls. Does anyone know why
this would not be applicable to restrained walls? The two foundations books
I have seen don't even have a reference for seismic loads on retaining
walls. I also need to calculate the top restraint reaction required. Any
information?

thanks, Will

Get a speedy connection with MSN Broadband.  Join now!

* http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp
* site at: http://www.seaint.org

Do you Yahoo!?
faith.yahoo.com