Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: RE/ UBC Division V[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: RE/ UBC Division V
- From: ASQENGG2(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 15:00:03 EDT
In a message dated 10/14/02 1:59:02 PM Pacific Daylight Time, Rick.Drake(--nospam--at)Fluor.com writes:
No. I mean Division V. The title is very confusing, but it does NOT say
it is an ASD procedure. It says "For Use With" ASD. The requirements of
Division V are definitely STRENGTH requirements in addition to your
Division III (ASD) design. Note the many references to strength throughout
Rick Drake, SE
Fluor Daniel, Aliso Viejo, CA
UBC says that if you use the load combinations of Section 1612.3 for Allowable Stress Design, then you can use Division III and V.
ASQuilala Jr., P.E.
- Prev by Subject: RE/ UBC Division V
- Next by Subject: Reinforced Concrete Dome Deisgn
- Previous by thread: RE/ UBC Division V
- Next by thread: RE:Overstrength Factor