From: Terry Triest [mailto:tatriest(--nospam--at)hayeslarge.com]
Sent: Monday, October 21, 2002 12:40 PM
To: Seaint
Subject: Masonry Shear walls

This question pertains to CMU walls used for back-up to masonry brick.    How much capacity does CMU back-up distribute to the structural frame?

Does anyone have information on the testing of this assembly?

I use RAM and was wondering if (how much) I can rely on the CMU for lateral resistance.

Terry Triest, EIT
Structural Engineer
P: 814-940-4041
F: 814-949-2644